Hey – whether you’re looking for a meal replacement, breakfast, or a mid-day snack, I’ve got an option for you that’s simple and well under 350 calories.
I make this protein smoothie a couple times a week typically as my mid-morning snack. It’s delicious and hits all my cravings LOL – chocolate, peanut butter, and berries. The recipe and caloric breakdown is below. Try it sometime and let me know what you think!
PROTEIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE – FOR ONE INDIVIDUAL GLASS SERVING
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Protein Meal Supplement in Chocolate Peanut Butter Flavor – there are TONS of options at the health section of your grocery store. I use a plant based one that I bought from Fresh Thyme, the brand is called Amazing Grass and the exact one I bought can be seen here
• Frozen (unsweetened) or fresh berries option – I bought a huge mixed frozen bag (48 oz.!) from Hy-Vee consisting of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. It’s seriously the best for smoothies.
• Greek Yogurt – I use 2%
• Almond Milk
• Cinnamon (optional – but I use it every time)
• Brewed black coffee (optional – I use a splash of what I’ve brewed from the morning)
Use the glass or bottle etc. you’re going to drink the smoothie out of for reference in measuring.
Combine half a glass FULL of water, a handful of berries, half a scoop of your protein meal supplement, one hefty/large tablespoon scoop of Greek yogurt, and a splash of almond milk in to your blender, and, MIX! Seriously, that’s it. Obviously mix until the batch appears ‘smooth’ haha, then pour in your glass and enjoy. I also love to add in cinnamon and a splash of black coffee in the blender as well. You could even add turmeric to give it a little kick and take advantage of it’s anti-inflammatory qualities.
Seriously this smoothie is SO FREAKING GOOD and easy to make – you can also add more fruits and veggie options as you see fit, I usually throw in something extra that we have on hand to just add to the nutritious fun! Also, I would estimate this individual serving has around 250 to 300 calories max and 15g of protein. If you made and ate this smoothie according to the following full serving sizes below, it would be 390 Calories & 35g Protein, which is still low calorie in my opinion and a great meal option. ENJOY!
• Protein Meal Supplement in Chocolate Peanut Butter Flavor: 1 full scoop = 190 Calories & 20g Protein
• Frozen berries (unsweetened): 1 cup = 70 Calories
• Greek Yogurt 2%: 1 cup = 100 Calories & 14g Protein
• Almond Milk: 1 cup = 30 Calories & 1g Protein
• Cinnamon: Zero Calories
• Brewed black coffee: Zero Calories
TOTAL: 390 Calories & 35g Protein