Is it possible to purchase five pairs of shoes (that aren’t cheaply made) for under $300? I am the worst when it comes to planning in advance and the best when it comes to impulsive shoe purchases, however, I don’t believe being impulsive is necessarily a characteristic I want to take any pride in. I like the idea that if I purchase five pairs of shoes every season (or every 3 months), and spend around $100/month that at the end of the year I come out ahead with more cash and 20 new pairs shoes. I figure this season I will give it a shot and see how it goes.
For Spring there were 5 shoe elements I wanted to add to my closet: an open toed wedge, a comfortable sandal, a practical work shoe, a caged bootie, and a new sexy evening heel. With colors, florals, and patterns abundant in clothes this season, I opted for more neutral toned shoes so they can be compatible with as many outfits as possible. I took advantage of Nine West’s Friends and Family Sale (30% off everything now through March 25, 2014) in order to get the best deal. Here’s what I came up with:
1. Open toed wedge – Nine West Mauren Strappy Wedge Sandals in Taupe Leather – $69 on sale
2. Comfortable sandal – Nine West Tasha Ankle Strap Sandal in White Leather – $62 on sale
3. Practical work shoe – Nine West Mistina Mid-Hell Pumps in Black Leather – $46 on sale
4. Caged Bootie – Nine West Authority Peep Toe Caged Booties in Natural Leather – $69 on sale
5. Sexy Stiletto – Nine West Rockster Studded Stiletto Pumps – $51 on sale
I like the Nine West brand because they use nicer materials and consistently come out with trendy and quality made shoes. I got free shipping and my order came out to $299.59 (without tax). There are a ton of options to choose from on their site and saving 30% on everything is a great deal. Now here’s to hoping my choices get me through the season!